Some Girls Are - Courtney Summers Oh my goodness.

Every time I try to articulate this book I draw a blank. I'm not going to do it justice, so I'm just going to go ahead and ramble about it instead.

I had a fairly middle road experience in high school thankfully, but the gift that is Courtney Summers just threw me to the wolves and renewed my happiness that I'm well past those teenage years. Regina was one of Those Girls--popular, skinny, and had everything...until she didn't. She becomes a pariah in her clique after her friends think she betrayed the queen bee, and the way they attack her is just monstrous.

I was really impressed with Regina and how she handled such a collapse in her world. She fought back. She had to look at herself in a very harsh way and come to terms with how she had been treating other people, as well as be accountable for such actions.

This was not an easy read even though it might seem like it should be. There were tears shed, stomach dropping scenes, and more all in the span of a chapter. This is another one of those stories that you can't help by take with you and dredge up to examine later. I just don't know what to say about it. It was amazing, it was sad, it was horrifying, it was powerful, and it was something I'll not soon let go of.