Iron Crowned  - Richelle Mead ***This might contain spoilers, don't read if you don't want to be spoiled a little***

Well...what DO I think of this book? Since Mead took such a ridiculously long time between the second installment and this one, I had to do a re-read to remember the s/l. That should have clued me in that this wasn't one of my favorite stories, but I stubbornly wanted to see it through after I made the purchase. I remember liking the first two in this series and yet, the re-read showed me that I don’t really care for the way it’s written OR the characters. I didn't even finish book one, didn’t touch book 2, and just plowed into this one after reading about 1/3 of the first one; just enough to remember the characters names, and then I was sick of them and just wanted to be done with Eugenie.

This story annoyed me to no end. Eugenie was mired in a love triangle, naturally, and at first she is seemingly very happy with Dorian. Then after she goes off for the iron crown (which in and of itself was a letdown) she becomes infuriated over what she deems was a scheme of Dorian's and PROMPTLY gets fucked by Kiyo (and I say that because that is precisely what he says to her..). She justifies it by saying she was done with Dorian in her mind so it wasn't actually cheating. Wow. Really?! This is one small example of how bad this book was. I could go on, but I’m too annoyed. The sad part of this is that I will read the next installment, and hope it’s the last, because I simply want to know how Mead intends to wrap this up. I think it’s sad though that I say I will read the next one and its with as much enthusiasm as I would have about going to get a root canal.

I do not recommend this book, or sadly, this author.