Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse, #12) - Charlaine Harris Blahhhhhhhh. I've been reading this thing for 5 days. It's just awful. I knew going in to it that the magic was gone, but good grief. SO MUCH FILLER. I'm only 64% into it. After 5 days.

This series' early books would keep me up at night. It's just a shame that Harris seems to have so little regard for the fans that have put her where she is.

Here are just 2 of the filler bits I highlighted, and these are 2% into it on the same Kindle page. I might finish this some day when the only option left to me is chewing on an extremity to stave off boredom.

Meanwhile, Tara was complaining that her hair had lost all its body during her pregnancy, and Kennedy said, "Have a conditioning session at Death by Fashion in Shreveport. Immanuel's the best."

"All the big talent leaves the state," Holly said, while they talked that over, I tried to arrange my rump in a comfortable position on the folding metal chair wedged between Holly and Tara. I carefully bent down to tuck my purse between my feet.

Now if those passages don't inspire you to grab up this gem, then I don't know what will.