Seraphina - Rachel Hartman 4.5 stars

Here was another book that every single person I either follow or am friends with gave 4 to 5 stars to. Once I see something like that I get both really excited, and kind of wary. It turns out that this is one of those books that I was right to be excited about, because I fell in love with the whole thing!

I would have given a 5 star rating for this, but there were a couple of things that sort of annoyed me. Why in the hell did the dragons allow themselves to be belled like cats?! These are creatures who can destroy a human in no time, and they have to wear bells like they're naughty felines. I get the thought of them having the bell so that they can be distinguished between human and non, but every time it was referenced I immediately thought of cats. The other thing was that I really love my back story. I want to hear more about why things are the way they are and what the past was like, but just to be fair, these things didn't detract from my enjoyment of the story at all. I stayed up until close to 4:30 in the morning because I was loathe to put it down.

There are a plethora of other reviews that explain this book far better than I do, but I will say that if you are a fan of fantasy you will like this. I had plans to make a really awesome review, but I'm kind of at a loss really. Great books do that to me.