Grimspace (Sirantha Jax, #1) - Ann Aguirre

Ann Aquirre created herself a fangirl today. Hi, my name is Brandi and I am a Jax fangirl. (edit 5/8/13, I lost my fangirl status as the series wore on) :/

So, I have a confession to make (other than my burgeoning fangirl status that is). Sometimes I put off reading books that catch my attention again and again, and I don't know why. This book was a spectacular example of why we all should trust our instincts and not deprive ourselves of what might be a fantastic read just because we are maybe a little sick of being let down with shitty books.

There are a LOT of reviews on this since it's several years old, so I'll just go with how I felt about it (and frankly can't wait to dig into the next one).

I couldn't get enough of this! Everything! Jax (who is older by the way and I love that so much) is just my kind of girl! Not only is she not a teenager, which seems to be the only age possible to be badass, but she is not immune to being broken. She is real, and I loved her right away. The other people in the story are all imperfect in some form, but they all manage to be just as fascinating to me.

I don't even know what else to say to be honest, haha, because I'm too impatient to get to the next book to really do justice to how much I really enjoyed this. It was one of those sweet spot books that just fit and became part of me right away. Go get a copy before you waste more time like I did away from the awesome that is this series!